Dear Parents and Students;
We hope that all of you had a safe, healthy and enjoyable summer. This year coming back to classes is going to be a bit different than in the past due to Covid-19. However, the important thing is that we will be returning to classes. We will still have to adhere to the governmental phases of reopening and possibly have to balance virtual classes with in studio classes, but I am hopeful that we will be back dancing together soon.
Here are some changes that we will have to adjust to while we are in the different phases of the reopening process.
In Phases 4 & 5 parents will bring their students to the back door and before classes start each dancer will be temperature checked and parents will be asked questions about any recent travel or exposure to the virus. To minimize exposure, only dancers will be allowed in the building. Parents will need to be available by phone during their child's classes. Everyone in the studio will have to wear a mask while they are in the building. It is difficult to maintain the 6 feet social distancing standard while we dance and make corrections so this will help to ensure everyone's safety. To allow us time to health check dancers and sanitize between each group, classes will be reduced in time from 55 minutes to 45 minute classes. Payments will need to be sent in as a check or cash in an envelope or charged to a credit card via the phone.
In Phase 6 of the reopening process we will be able to go back to 55 minute classes and parents will be allowed back into the studio to watch, depending on state guidelines.
If we have to go back to Phase 3 (& 4 possibly depending on numbers) we will have virtual classes. If you do not have the ability to log in to Zoom for the actual class, classes will be recorded and you will be able to download them to view while offline. I know that this sounds complex but if we are patient and work together everything will flow smoothly.
Please see below for more specific Covid-19 Policies
Class rates will remain the same as last year. You can find that information on our website at in the Enrollment form and tuition section of the home page.
My plan for us in regards to what was supposed to be our "Spring" recital is that we will come back to classes in September and continue working on the dances for recital we have already started. Then instead of having our Holiday recital in December we will have the full recital as we would have had in June. At this time I'm planning for a big show like we normally would have done in June but that will be determined depending on the reopening status and what venue is available. Dancers will wear the costumes you have already purchased. If needed, we will make any necessary alterations to those costumes at no charge. New incoming students will be able to participate in this recital as well. We will then start to prepare for the 2021 Spring Recital in January as usual and new costumes will be ordered at this time.
As I cannot set up open house dates yet I encourage you to fill out the online Enrollment Form and Hold Harmless/Payment Agreement Form. You can submit it online or print and mail them to the studio. You can also fill them out, scan them and email them to the studio email. The studio email is missdee@missdeesdance. net. If you fill them out online I will send you an invoice to your email for the $15 deposit or please mail a check for $15.00 for each class you are registering for to reserve your spot in that class. This deposit will be deducted from your first month's fees. If you do not come to class the deposit is non-refundable. I will call you with the day and time that your classes will be. Our 36th season will be starting classes Monday September 14, 2020.
All of the MDSD staff, including myself, want to thank you for sticking with us during this very trying time. Being away from the students and the studio has been very difficult for all of us and we look forward to a brighter future ahead.
Please Do Not bring your child to class if they are sick or if anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19 within the last 14 days. Please notify us if anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19. We will notify any classmates that you have come in contact with but will keep your identity confidential.
1. DROP OFF ONLY: To limit the amount of people in the studio at one time we ask that all students be dropped off. Only MDSD Staff and students allowed in the studio. All students must be brought to the back door of the studio by a parent or guardian no more than 5 minutes before their class. Students will be temperature checked and parents will be asked question regards any exposure you may have had to Covid-19. Everyone upon entering and exiting the building must use hand sanitizer located at the rear entrance, the office, and lobby and wear a mask. Students will need to be picked up at the rear entrance to the building as well.
2. Classes will be reduced in time from 55 minutes to 45 minute classes. This will also help lessen the flow of individuals between classes and to allow us time to health check dancers and sanitize between each group.
3. All students should come to class already dressed in their dance clothes. Please place any warm ups in your dance bag. If you are coming to dance right from school you will be allowed to change in the bathroom.
4. Everyone in the studio MUST wear a mask as mandated by Governor Whitmer.
I suggest the cupped style of mask which is much easier to breathe in while dancing.
5. Please bring your own water bottle and have it clearly labeled with the student's name. No sharing of drinks, food or snacks. (Please keep all food items in your dance bag before and after eating).
6. Every time before and after entering the dance studio, everyone must sanitize their hands. Bottles of sanitizer will also be on hand in the dance rooms as well.
7. NO TOUCHING: Before, after, during classes and break times, all students must keep a safe distance apart from one another. No hugging, holding hands or sitting too close to each other. We will allow students to bring their water bottle (containing water - NO juice or soda pop) in to the studio to allow for more space between students during drink breaks.
8. No leaning on or touching the ballet barres, tumbling mats (unless for class use) or mirrors. No leaning against the walls.
These new temporary rules are for the safety of all our dancers and staff. Please explain these new rules to your child. The health and well being of our students is most important to us. If we are patient and work together everything will flow smoothly and keep everyone safe for this is a temporary situation.